1. The Philippine has a rich literary traditionthat dates back from pre-colonial times. It covers a variety of language forms and expressions.
2. To learn about Philippine history and tradition. A people’s literature is a reflection of the culture and values.
3. To know the expression of the late literary people who became the front runner of the propaganda.
4. Exploringthoughts on how the country has been shaped by events in the past and born mistakes committed in the past which will serve as lessons for us at present.
5. To open the minds of people on learning by doing in appreciating the beauty of the Philippines.
6. It built some necessary tools for living.
7. It teaches us more about life and appreciate the nature around us.
It improves our communication and dealing with people.