- To foster patriotism and nationalism through the study of our dances.
- To arouse better appreciation of Philippines music and folk dances.
- To provide, through dancing, a helpful form of relaxation and recreation.
- To develop a graceful and rhythmic coordination of body movements that will improve posture.
- To preserve posterity, folk dances and music indigenous to the different region of the Philippines.
- To demonstrate the growth of Filipino culture through the evolution of Philippine dances.
Objective of Teaching Philippine Folk Dances
February 5, 2011